Southwest GOC ETA-2 restoration Feb 2017-Jun 2018
This pump came from Louisiana and is the first pump I received that had the trade dress I had been replicating hidden under newer layers of vinyl.

      


These are neat history. At one point the 3 wheel computer was priced to the half gallon, and the attendant did the division right inside the pump. No calculator for this person.


After removing graphics, the pump was used for unleaded on one side and leaded on the other in the heyday of the pump before the tenure of BP.


Left picture shows graphics removed to the base. All pumps were shipped with the Gulf sticker. I mask around the sticker and sand and repaint. This entire assembly, the two pieces that comprise the surround are aluminum.


I was hoping to use the original graphics but after uncovering them, there were many defects across them. I had replacement vinyl for all aspects except the "no lead" graphics, so I removed a sticker carefully, affixed it to aluminum, scanned it, converted it to multiple graphic files, and took it to my favorite sign shop where they die cut replacements.


Left, die cut vinyl. In right picture, an original pump front on the left with original graphics. On the right, reproduction graphics. Note the original pump front has a crease across the bottom front and needs bodywork.


The Veeder-Root computers had seen better days. Here you can see they were both houses for many dirt dobbers. These were partially disassembled, washed out, then lubricated with WD-40 and where applicable white lithium grease. Right, functioning and being driven with 12 volt drills.


One of the computers was a three wheel price (only good to 99 cents), while the other had been upgraded to a four price wheel. I wanted each computer to match. On the left, you can see the original computer plates punched with an additional opening. I transferred both of these to the back of the pump, and then used "THIS HOSE THIS SIDE" graphics to cover one cut hole, and then a maximum selling price to cover the other (shown in other pictures).

 
Left, as gutted as it ever was. Right, getting ready to paint the base and showing the shelf installed with 12 volt drills, power supplies, and spare electric reset module. I installed another shelf in this unit (plain wood) to be able to store all my gas pump related parts within the pump.


The panel that ended up on the back required a lot of bodywork. The panel had a crease left to right, and down the middle top to bottom.

 
Finished product front and back.